Chipotle Pork Tenderloin and Grilled Pineapple Salsa
From Salsa! by Sharon O'Connor
This Latin-inspired combination of smoky succulent pork with a sweet, bright salsa is party worthy!
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, stir the salt, olive oil, ground chipotle, cumin seeds, and garlic together. Rub the pork all over with the chipotle mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the pork and sear on all sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and roast until a thermometer inserted in the center of the meat registers 155°F, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove the pork from the oven and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing thinly. Serve warm, with pineapple salsa.Make 4 servings
Caramelizing pineapple concentrates its natural sweetness. The salsa is also delicious paired with grilled fish and seafood.
1. Heat a grill pan over high heat and coat the grids with oil, or heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add pineapple slices in a single layer and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining pineapple slices.
2. Dice the pineapple, discarding the tough core, and put in a medium bowl. Stir in all the remaining ingredients until evenly mixed. Make the salsa 30 minutes ahead to allow the flavors to blend.