A luscious, easy-to-make appetizer. For a stylish presentation and additional flavor, top each bite with a few fresh tarragon leaves.
Baked Goat Cheese and Leek Tart
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
3 leeks, white part only, sliced
8 ounces fresh white goat cheese at room temperature
¼ cup sour cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Fresh tarragon leaves for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the leeks for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- In a large bowl, beat the goat cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until blended. Stir in the sour cream, leeks, salt, and pepper and stir until blended.
- Pour the goat cheese mixture into the prepared dish. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature; the tart will collapse. Cut into sixteen 2-inch squares. Arrange the squares on a platter and top each square with tarragon leaves.
Makes 16 appetizers