Spicy, sweet, and smoky, the taste of this grilled corn is a highlight of summer!
Spicy Lime Butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
Juice of 1 lime, 2 tablespoons
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
6 ears fresh corn
- Prepare a medium-hot fire, in a charcoal grill, or preheat a gas grill to 375°F
- In a small bowl, combine all the lime butter ingredients and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Peel back the corn husks without removing them. Remove the corn silk.
- Clean the grill grids with a wire brush before cooking. Oil the hot grids with a wad of paper towels soaked in vegetable oil.
- Grill the corn for 7 minutes, using the peeled-back husks as handles and turning frequently; the corn will be partially cooked. Brush the corn with the lime butter and cook, turning and brushing with more butter frequently, until browned and tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the corn with the remaining spicy lime butter.
Makes 6 servings
The spicy lime butter can be prepared ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.