Three Perfect Drinks
From Salsa! by Sharon O'Connor
MicheladaThis refreshing version of michelada uses sangria, a spicy citrus and tomato-based drink traditionally served with tequila shots.
1. Refridgerate 2 glasses or mugs until chilled. Spread salt on a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass and dip the rim into the salt.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients except the beer to a cocktail shaker, shake briefly, and divide between glasses or mugs. Top with beer and garnish each glass with a lime wedge.Makes 2 drinks
Classic MargaritaBalancing sweet and sour notes, this margarita is a great match for boldly flavored food.
1. Refridgerate an old-fashioned glass until chilled. Spread salt on a small plate. Run the lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip the rim into the salt.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine the ice, lime juice, tequila, and liqueur. Shake well and strain into the glass filled with ice cubes. Garnish with a slice of a lime and an orange wedge and enjoyMakes 1 drink
Classic MojitoThis traditional minty Cuban drink has become a worldwide favorite.
1. In a tall Collins glass, mash the mint and lime wedges together with a muddler or the blunt end of a wooden spoon for 1 minute, or until the mint aroma is released. Stir in the sugar and rum
2. Fill the glass with ice cubes, top with club soda, and stir the drink one last time. Garnish with a mint sprig or sugar can stick.Makes 1 drink