Pork Baby Back Ribs with Spicy Barbeque Sauce
From Cooking with the Blues by Sharon O'Connor
These juicy, tender ribs will melt in your mouth! Serve with corn on the cob, coleslaw, and garlic mashed potatoes or a potato salad.
1. To make the sauce: In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes; set aside.
2. Season the ribs with salt and pepper and rub with the BBQ sauce; reserve the remaining sauce for basting. Marinate the ribs in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange the ribs, meaty side up, in a large shallow baking dish. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the meat begins to shrink from the ends of the bone. Do not turn the ribs over while roasting.
4. Prepare a charcoal fire in an outdoor grill or preheat a gas grill. Grill the ribs for 2 to 3 minutes on each side; brush with BBQ sauce and grill on each side again for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. To serve, cut between each rib and transfer to a platter. Serve with extra BBQ sauce on the side.Make 4 servings